What About Parents?
Online Support for Volunteers
The Volunteer Toolkit is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient.
Volunteer Toolkit Live Demo Webinar
Tuesday, November 13 at 7:30 PM CST
Join us for a Volunteer Toolkit Live Demo webinar where you will get a hands-on look at this online tool that is revolutionizing how Troop Co-Leaders deliver the Girl Scout Leadership Experience to girls! Get comfortable with the tabs, discover the features that will save you time and learn how to customize your year plans.
Pre–register here to join us!
The Volunteer Toolkit, or the VTK, is a robust web application offering digital, accessible support to Troop Co-leaders in both managing a troop year-round and delivering easy, fun troop meetings. Check out some of the toolkit’s top features below.
Through the VTK, Troop Co-leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update their contact information.
- Explore meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of the materials needed, and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances and submit the troop Annual Finance Report.
- Easily locate resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
Learn more by checking out the resources below:
VTK Demo Webinar - Coming Soon!
- Parents can now access the Volunteer Toolkit to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.