We encourage you to be proactive and suggest that you follow basic hygiene precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Ensure girls and volunteers wash their hands frequently for 20 seconds with soap and water, particularly before snacks and meals.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing then dispose of the tissue appropriately.
- You may consider discontinuing holding hands during songs and games for the time being.
- If your troop has a service project that involves a facility with persons with weakened immune systems such as a hospital or nursing home, you may want to consider postponing the event or at a minimum contacting the facility to determine whether they are allowing outside groups to enter.
Please be assured that we are closely monitoring official local, state and federal information and we will share additional guidance if it becomes necessary.