Accountant - Sioux Falls
The Accountant is responsible for providing management of general ledger, account reconciliation, accruals, investment accounting, deposits processing, payroll processing and preliminary monthly accounting cycle close. Oversees troop finance and reconciles troop and/or service unit bank accounts.
Responsible for overseeing the preparation and completion of bi-weekly payroll and associated reporting and compliance.
Major Accountabilities - Accounting
- Develop and maintain financial record keeping and reporting systems.
- Oversee billing, receivables, reconciliation and monthly closing of general ledger entries.
- Review reconciliations to ensure that they are prepared properly and follow-up on any unusual items.
- Monitor prepaid expenses and deferred income monthly.
- Record all bank transfers.
- Record and monitor accruals monthly.
- Implement risk management policies and procedures within area of responsibility.
- Assist with our Fall Product Program and Cookie Program; reconciling deposits, reviewing expenses, and managing the ACH process for Product Sales.
- Provide timely and accurate operational management of cash flow activities and reconciliations on a daily basis.
- Oversee troops and service unit bank account openings, updates and closings.
- Provide troops and service unit support in the proper handling of troop/service unit bank accounts, to include audits and collections as needed.
- Assist retail team in annual inventory of retail stores.
- Other duties as assigned.
Major Accountabilities - Payroll
- Oversee preparation and completion of bi-weekly payroll.
- Reconcile benefits deductions.
- Process payments of United Way payroll information.
Human Resources Specialist - Sioux Falls, SD
The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for performing a variety of technical and para-professional duties in support of the council Human Resources day-to-day operations. May maintain record requirements for accounting of salary, benefits, accruals, and deductions. Provides information and assistance to staff and the public.
Major Accountabilities - Human Resources
- Prepares reports
- Conduct electronic volunteer/staff background checking and compile results. Audit and maintain accurate background files
- Conducts new staff orientation and paperwork
- Creates and maintains electronic staff files
- Maintains confidentiality regarding employee relations actions; confidential and sensitive performance documents; documents of termination actions, organizational plans, and legal actions
- Develops job postings, reviews resumes, conducts, or participates in recruiting and onboarding efforts for all council staff, including seasonal, temporary, and interns
Membership Recruiter - Bismarck / Rapid City / Minot
Responsible for implementing and executing comprehensive year-round recruitment and outreach plans, goals, and objectives for girl and volunteer membership growth and participation in assigned geographic area. Collaboratively works cross-functionally to provide customer care and support that ensures achievement of Council goals. Fosters community partnerships in order to implement Girl Scouting within an assigned area.
Major Accountabilities - Membership Recruitment and Outreach
- Responsible for collaborating to understand the sales process and management of leads in order to help establish and subsequently meet or exceed annual membership recruitment and outreach goals for girl and adult members within assigned geographic area.
- Provides high quality customer service by answering inquiries by clarifying desired information, researching, locating and delivering findings.
- Cultivates community opportunities and relationships to address needs and deliver outreach.
- Works on a cross functional team to determine and develop innovative techniques to ensure the effective delivery of the Girl Scout leadership experience.
- Actively markets the Girl Scout value proposition through a variety of communication venues including in person, phone, and online.
- Cultivates opportunities to engage in and regularly communicate with community organizations, agencies and leaders, educators and faith-based institutions to increase awareness of and participation in Girl Scouting.
- Researches market data, membership trends, and other pertinent information relevant to identify council’s membership needs
- Cultivates and develops opportunities to engage community organizations, agencies and leaders, educators, and faith-based institutions to increase awareness and participation.
- Successfully works with cross-functional team to determine or develop innovative techniques to ensure the effective delivery of recruitment, outreach, renewal and conversion strategies and plans that are consistent with the philosophy and mission of Girl Scouting and the council’s overarching strategies and initiatives.
- Researches and creates innovative ways to recruit and add a broader range of adult volunteers.
- Anticipate, prevent, and resolve conflicts while maintaining productive working relationships.
- Learn & demonstrate sales skills and embrace tools and processes to support organization growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
Troop Engagement Specialist - Sioux Falls
The Troop Engagement Specialist role is a key member of the Mission Delivery team and is responsible for providing the support, programming experience and retention of members.
This role actively works with and engages volunteers and fosters positive service unit relationships that are critical for member retention and satisfaction.
Major Accountabilities-Mission Delivery
- Ensure delivery of service unit and troop led programs and services that are equitable, inclusive and accessible leadership experiences that engage and retain girls and volunteers.
- Collaborate with Service Unit and Member Experience team to develop and execute annual Service Unit assessments in an assigned geography and develop action plans where needed.
- Actively engage in Service Unit meetings on a regular schedule for assigned geography.
- Collaborate and execute membership renewal activities at the service unit and/or troop level.
- Support the council’s volunteer management system including the retention, selection, placement, training, recognition, and re-assignment of volunteers.
- Arrange and facilitate product program trainings as requested at the troop level.
- Consistently coach and mentor volunteers through effective communication and strong relationships. Provide productive grievance and conflict resolution support.
- Problem solve and respond to troop and volunteer questions professionally and within 8 business hours. Enter information into member data systems in accordance with council procedures and timeframes.
- In partnership with the Mission Delivery team, contribute execution efforts for planned campaigns as requested.
- Collaborate to meet or exceed girl and adult retention goals and actively track and communicate progress on support, engagement and retention results.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who We Are
Girl Scouts has been inspiring girls since 1912. Today, we are the number one leadership organization for girls in the world, with over 2.7 million members across the United States and around the world.
At Girl Scouts—Dakota Horizons, YOU have the power to inspire girls to achieve their fullest potential. We hire smart, talented people who share our vision and our passion for helping girls and young women change the world for the better.
We offer growth potential, incentives for a family-friendly work-life balance, and a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and 401(k).
We are confident. We are mission focused. We are accountable. We are inclusive. We are Girl Scouts, and we make the world a better place.
We welcome your application!
Position & Descriptions